[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Big Buck Hunter Pinball Tournament at BOG FEB 16th thru 17th

Big Buck Hunter Pinball Tournament at BOG FEB 16th thru 17th

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Big Buck Hunter Pinball Tournament at BOG FEB 16th thru 17th

Postby Qdub on Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:04 pm

Just got the new Buck Hunter Pinball in. Quarterworld and BOG have decided to put on a little tournament for the launch.

When: 2-16-10 to 2-17-10

Where: Bar of the Gods
4801 SE Hawthorne
503-232-2037

Rules: Its really simple you have two days to GC the table. Who ever is the GC at midnight on Wednesday win's.

What do you win... a cool $100.
#1 score walks away with $50, and yes you can win both GC and #1 score.

If you put up a top score at any point tell the bar tender. He'll get your info so we can get ahold of you. Just in case your not there on wed. at midnight.
Oh yes, and there's NO entry fee.
So thats it. You guys no longer need to fly to Chicago. Good Luck.
Qdub

Re: Big Buck Hunter Pinball Tournament at BOG FEB 16th thru 17th

Postby Dropshot on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:12 pm

Is the machine there yet?
Dropshot

Postby Rob on Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:29 pm

No. :cry:
Also, the bartender looked at me like a crazyperson when I asked about it...
Then a dude at the bar tried to explain to me that Big Buck Hunter is an arcade game and not a pinball machine.

They have Ripley's, World Cup '94, Spiderman, and Sopranos here now.
Rob

Postby Dropshot on Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:35 pm

Not a bad line-up. Sounds like the switched out all 4 machines. It's to bad this place just gets way to packed to throw a weekly tournament here.
Dropshot

Postby Qdub on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:04 pm

The pin will be there tue. Just set it up today.
Qdub

Postby Dropshot on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:00 am

What happens if no one gets the GC, let's say players get scores 2, 3 or 4? What then?
Dropshot

Postby Qdub on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:16 am

I'm setting all the start off scores at 1,000,000. So who ever plays the first game will GC the game. It all goes up from there
Qdub

Postby FHF on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:07 pm

Who won?!?
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby eric on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:14 pm

No one, this is just starting today.
eric

Postby combo on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:02 pm

im gonna be there tonight, its a blazer game night as well its gonna be bogtastic

Combo
combo

Postby Opto on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:19 pm

We'll be there too. Are we going to be forming a line or what? This should be funny.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby ROM on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:23 pm

I'm going to try and swing over there after work today. But I can't stay long.

Maybe CFF members should post on here if they get a high score, just so we have the individual on record. Or we could remain anon and just put the money into the CFF college fund.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Legs on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:46 pm

since it's a new machine, won't it allow more than three initials? "cff rom" or "cff lgz" etc. unless you really want to prove your devotion to the faceless collective.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby FHF on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:58 pm

What, I thought today was the 19th and I was pissed cause I missed the whole thing! Nice.
FHF

Postby ROM on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:38 pm

At any rate, it would be cool to have an update after Day 1 on the message board.

Additionally, I'm writing a blog post right now to promote the tournament.

edit: blog post complete.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Opto on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:51 am

When we left, Dropshot was still holding court with a 77 million GC and #1 score in the 40's or 50's? ? ? I couldn't put together shit on that game - I don't think I managed to hit the bird shot once . . . I have to say I've never been a fan of the idea of BBH pinball. Having said that, they actually seemed to do a pretty good job with this one. It's hard and has low ball times. The rules are simple, yet there's still a lot of variety in the objectives. Theme? ? ? Well, I like Demolition Man, JM and Fish Tales - I can get over it. Time will truly tell, but the first impressions are good.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Legs on Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:10 am

Those scores were still holding up when I left around 1:30, although Dropshit didn't have total board domination thanks to Mr. Backglass. But Steve and Sauce were still there bangin' away when I headed out, so who knows what happened in the wee hours of the morning...

See you guys again today!
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby Qdub on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:12 am

hey everyone just checked the scores this morning, as of 8am this morning.
GC: CFF DRPSHT 77,651,170
#1: CFF DRPSHT 66,350,090
So there you go. Everyone has till midnight tonight to top those scores. Good Luck.
Qdub

Postby FHF on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:33 am

Yeah, this game is cool. Great idea on the tournament!
FHF

Postby ROM on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:28 pm

Vibe Police
ROM

Next

Return to Events