[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Final Two Spots

Final Two Spots

You have no life. Click here to get one!

Which 2 spots will finish off the 13? (2 votes, re-vote)

My Father's Place (Glenn; Avatar, B:TDK, DM, IM, MM, SS)
7%
The Know (OOO; TAF, HG, JB, Sopr., Sorcerer)
24%
Tonic Lounge (QW; B:TDK, BSD, FG, TS)
21%
D's (QW; TAF, B:TDK, IJ4, TZ)
29%
Saratoga (CB; TAF, LOTR, SM, ST:TNG, WCS'94)
17%

Total votes : 41

Final Two Spots

Postby Dropshot on Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:39 am

This time the final vote will be final. I have a nice rapport with Cashbox now and should have no problems getting machines maintained prior to tournaments.
Dropshot

Re: Final Two Spots

Postby Dropshot on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:23 am

I would vote for Tonic if there was a way to get Batman out of there. It's a bad tournament game, takes way way way to long. Any chance that could happen QW or is it one of those 'we want Stern things?' It is a good line-up other than that.
Dropshot

Postby Qdub on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:39 am

I just picked up a gilligan's island I'm going over in my shop. What would you guys think of that for tonic instead of Batman?
Qdub

Postby Dropshot on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:42 am

dear god no. 1 shot game. But then again, at least the games will be quick.
Dropshot

Postby Isaac on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:07 pm

HWJP?
Isaac

Postby ROM on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:03 pm

Or maybe one ball where you HAVE to flip both flippers at the exact same time for the entire ball.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Opto on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Isaac - that is seriously the best idea I've heard in a long time to improve the weeklies. It really wouldn't have to be on all sterns - just the ones that take forever.

Batman, Spiderman, Indy, LOTR are the ones that come to mind. Marathon games of Iron Man and Avatar don't really seem to happen.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Opto on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:24 pm

"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:49 pm

What about playing the first ball 1 handed?
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:00 pm

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Isaac on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:41 pm

Some of you guys actually practice one-handed though (like Opto :evil:). If you're seriously considering ways to shorten epic Stern matches, I'd vote for either my first suggestion or ignoring the 3rd ball score all together.

I agree that Avatar and IM should be exempt from the ruling, but Pirates should also be considered for handicapping. It could always be organizer's discretion depending on the size of the tournament.
HWJP?
Isaac

Postby ROM on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:08 pm

This also has the potential to kind of tick off and/or turn away competitors and potential competitors. Also, I feel like there's not much difference between one flip and zero flips on many games.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Isaac on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:14 pm

HWJP?
Isaac

Postby Dropshot on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:51 am

Yeah, I don't think I was taking this are seriously as Noah. Nothing can be changed on the Stern's on how many, or how each ball is played. All we could do is ask the operators to tighten the tilts, change the settings to make the games harder (more shots, to start things), remove center posts and expand the outlanes to the max.
Dropshot

Postby sauce on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:15 pm

The Simpsons Pinball Party, could go into Tonic in place of BDK...
sauce

Postby DDT on Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:07 pm

Sauce are you looking for a proper Trackie?
DDT

Postby sauce on Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:28 pm

Always.
sauce

Postby Qdub on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:26 am

Simpsons Pinball Party will be going to Tonic, BDK is getting pulled.
Qdub

Postby Dropshot on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:02 pm

So once again there has been a little wrinkle in the plan to just simply take the top 2. I believe the Lutz will be opening up again in a month or so (they were purchased by the owners of Clinton Street) and will have 4 machines from Quality. So if that is the case, the top vote getter will be the only one used from this poll. So change your vote, keep it the same, do what you got to do.
Dropshot

Return to Events