[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Batman w/ software upgrade

Batman w/ software upgrade

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Batman w/ software upgrade

Postby JDYeager on Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Batman at Rialto Poolroom Bar & Cafe (4th Ave., downtown) got a software upgrade sometime between Tuesday and Wednesday. All the scores were wiped and the scoreboard now has entries for “Gotham City Champion,” “Batmobile Hurry-up Champion,” and “Bat Signal Challenge Champion.” Machine is running v. 2.94.

I only had time to knock out a few games, so I’ll just mention one new thing I noticed. The Batmobile Hurry-up shot now sets up (perhaps logically) at the Batmobile (center) ramp. At least on the first time through. This makes it considerably easier to get to your first Bat Signal Challenge. Also, it seems you can now extend the hurry-up time (I think by throwing the ball up to the top rollovers, perhaps other ways.) If you don’t make it in time, 3 more center ramp shots sets it up again at the center ramp. After you’ve made one though, after another 3 center ramp shots, the Batmobile Hurry-up shot reverts to the right orbit. Third time through you have to make both shots – right orbit, then center ramp – and you are given double time for the second shot. (Seems like this time allotment should be reversed, given the relative positions and difficulty of those two shots: center ramp is fairly easy from either flipper; right orbit is more difficult, and left flipper only, except for the rare on-the-fly backhand from the right.)

It seemed like there were some new sounds and animations, and a Batpod Multiball I hadn’t noticed before. I’m sure there’s much discussion of this on r.g.p.; these are just my first impressions…

Rialto's Batman plays generally well. There’s a slight rightward lean noticeable on balls rolling down the playfield. Also, the Joker gate occasionally rejects shots back to the flipper (like a weak War Machine), robbing you of legit ball locks.

Anyone seen other upgraded Batmans out there? ID’ed other new features?

P.S. The notes on v.2.9 and v.2.94 are here:
Lots of new stuff in there...
JDYeager

Re: Batman w/ software upgrade

Postby Qdub on Thu May 13, 2010 1:33 pm

Hey guys, I also upgraded Portland players club. I gonna try and upgrade Report & Plan B today. I'll port it when I do.
Qdub

Postby ROM on Thu May 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Sweeeeet! Thanks for getting the new software out there, Qdub.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Qdub on Thu May 13, 2010 4:42 pm

Report and Plan B's Batman have both been upgraded. Enjoy.
Qdub

Postby fathom22 on Thu May 13, 2010 10:34 pm

I'll get the BDK's at Brays & Portsmouth updated this Fri

<MWM>
fathom22

Postby Opto on Fri May 14, 2010 10:17 am

I wonder if they'll take a hint from it's predecessor Batman Forever and include a random award for 20x bonus (making all other scoring in the game null and void)?
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby JDYeager on Mon May 24, 2010 8:00 pm

Updated Batman (v.2.94) now on-site @ Slammer. replacing their consistently troubled BBH. Batman plays great, no apparent issues.
JDYeager

Return to The Machines