the standard

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Re: the standard

Postby Jeri on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:33 pm

I'll see what is up with the pop bumpers next trip over there. Probably needs some adjustment on the switches.

-jer
"You call it lowering standards, I call it a learning opportunity"
Jeri

Postby Jeri on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:33 pm

We just adjusted The Getaway's pop bumper spoon switches, so they're snappy.

Replace the flipper springs on Black Knight 2000 with ones that are a bit weaker, so going up the left ramp will loop back to the upper right flipper.

Fixed bulbs that were out on Twilight Zone.

Black Rose has a bad column driver, so 3 right stand ups always register when you start a ball and the pop bumper switches don't register. It still plays well. I have parts on the way for it and should have it 100% around Wednesday.
Jeri

Postby ROM on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:06 pm

Thanks for the updates.

Nitpicky notes:

In recent my experience, it's pretty much impossible to do that upper loop on BK2K (with the upper flipper). I was going for it over and over the other night - with many many clean shots that would normally loop all the way around. And 9/10 of them were getting stuck at that last bend... and then just going over the rollovers. Also, the machine has a noticeable right lean.

Also, Sauce and I noticed that the lock on TZ takes the ball about 1/5 times. I don't know what's going on up there, but it likes rejecting balls.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Jeri on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:24 pm

Cool. I'll see if I can tweak the machines to fix those issues. The lock on TZ is a mystery, but I'll keep looking.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby Jeri on Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:10 pm

Just fixed the column driver on Black Rose. All set for tonight.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby Jeri on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:36 pm

Fixed bulbs in Getaway and set pricing to 50-75-1.00. Sorry for it not matching the pricing card.

-jer
Jeri

Postby Jeri on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:23 pm

Fixed lower GI on Black Rose.

Smoothed out right in lane on Black Knight and fixed the "S" in the back box RANSOM (bugged me every time I saw it, but would forget to do something about it)

While fixing pop bumper bulbs we found a ball lodged behind a plastic stand up. No clue how it bounced there. :)

-Jer & Trish
Jeri

Postby ROM on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:57 pm

Hi Ricochet!

Something is up with the multiball in BK2K. COW and Sauce and I spent some time trying to figure it out. What we think is happening is that multiball ends right after it starts - like, by the time the three balls drop to your flipper, the mode is over. You still have three balls (draining one or two doesn't end the ball), but jackpot cannot be collected, and the music is not the multiball music, etc.

This may not be totally accurate - but from what we can tell, it's basically what's happening.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Jeri on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:51 am

Strange. Someone there said they thought "Hurry Up" randomly ended too soon on them, but I couldn't reproduce it. Maybe a ball trough switch is false triggering during the game.

Thanks. We'll check it out.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby ROM on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:49 am

Thanks.

Hurry up seems fine to me.

The jackpot is supposed to go up during a multiball, right? Hitting other shots raises it, I thought. But this jackpot never goes over 1m. The mode doesn't last long enough...
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Ricochet on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:50 pm

The last switch in the three ball lock was not registering the ball in BK 2000. The odd thing is that the entrance switch to the lock lets the machine know there is three balls and kicks them out, but the software doesn't light jackpot if the lock switches are not set. This seems like a odd bug in the software.

Jer
Ricochet

Postby ROM on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:29 pm

Last night the TZ was doing some weird stuff. The problems seemed to stem from the auto-launch not being buff enough to kick the ball all the way around to the gumball. In addition, that VUK in the gumball area was often not buff enough to kick the ball all the way up. Add to that some possible switch stuff in those areas, and the result was EXTRA BALLS when/where there shouldn't be any extra balls. Two balls were kicking out of the trough (ruining potentially good games by yours truly); and if you started a mode that was looking for a gumball shot -while- the VUK was struggling to kick a different ball up, then that VUK ball, when it would fail to make it up and so would come back down, would hit the switch to reward that mode (aka, to start powerball multiball, etc.).

I hope this makes sense! I asked Eric or Sauce to make this post, since they're more eloquent than me.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Jeri on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:21 pm

Thanks. Will check it out now.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby sauce on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:14 am

Eric was saying that updating the ROM revision should take care of some of the ball management issues.
sauce

Postby eric on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:54 am

That's correct, v9.2 extends the ball recycling time at the end of LITZ and v9.4 adds a ball search to the ball recycler. This way if a ball doesn't make it all the way up to the gumball diverter the machine will try again until it gets it right.
eric

Postby Jeri on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Twilight Zone: We spent a bunch of time trying to spot a problem that night, but didn't notice anything super obvious. The upper right flipper link was getting worn, so we gave it a new link and armature.

Black Rose: One standup was not registering due to a broken wire.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby ROM on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:53 pm

well then I don't know what to tell you...

The double ball action happened a couple times during the night on Sat. I can see it being difficult to replicate, though. If it happens again, I'll report it to you.

Also, thanks!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby eric on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:19 am

Did you put the game through LITZ? Maybe try manually advancing to LITZ, wait until it the mode times out, block the first two balls kicked up to the gumball machine so they drain, then see if the game serves up two balls.
eric

Postby ROM on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:51 am

For the record, this was happening before Sauce's LITZ blitz. It happened to me (and co.) on a game earlier that night. And it took us multiple games, and eventually a power cycle, to get it back to normal.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Ricochet on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:56 pm

We added Doctor Who tonight.

Current line up is
Black Knight 2000
Twilight Zone
The Getaway
Doctor Who
Black Rose

We plan on replacing the bottom display soon on Black Knight 2000.
Ricochet

PreviousNext

Return to The Machines