Backspace

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Backspace

Postby GroundKontrol on Wed May 28, 2008 5:19 pm

I'm now operating a Ripley's Believe It Or Not at Backspace (115 NW 5th Ave), conveniently located around the corner from Ground Kontrol.

If you notice any problems with it, feel free to contact me at pinball{a t}groundkontrol.com.

Jeffrey
GroundKontrol

Re: Backspace

Postby GroundKontrol on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:41 am

High Speed was in serious need of some serious love, so I took it back to the shop for some TLC. In its place is my new World Cup Soccer. I spent a few months shopping it, so it's super clean, with new rubbers, and everything's working. Oh, and I relamped it with LEDs for extra vivid color. Check it out.
GroundKontrol

Postby revtest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:00 pm

sweet thanks!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby GroundKontrol on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:29 pm

If you see any problems with WCS or Ripley's, please send me a private message, so I'll get an email. I think I've got most of the problems fixed (sticky diverter, chattering pop bumper, balls stuck in left inlane, loose LEDs).

Thanks!
GroundKontrol

Postby Opto on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Always wanted to play a nice WCS. Dammit I was at GK last night!!! I still had fun feeding all my quarters to Alec Baldwin.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby ROM on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:50 pm

GK - I know that LEDs like that are the "in thing" with some techs right now. What kind of feedback do you get from users about them? Personally, I don't think they add much; but I do think they detract - they aren't soft lights, and they flicker.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Opto on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:52 pm

Not to start an LED bashing session, but I think when overused they can ruin a good game. I think anyone who's played the Batman or Star Trek at Shortys (almost unplayable due to the strobe/flashers) in Seattle will agree. I think they're great in Backbox GI and when used tastefully for inserts can look just fine. It seems when they're installed in GI lighting the heavy strobing flicker effect kinda ruins the game.

I haven't seen the world cup soccer yet, so I can't comment. The TOTAN in GK looked pretty good and I didn't notice the strobing, but I only played a game. I totally understand the power draw savings and lack of burned bulbs, but it can go too far.

GK - I'd also be curious to hear what kind of feedback you get from folks (not just serious pinheads).
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:43 pm

LEDs give me a headache and remind of that crappy batman movie that had robin in it, with all the face paint and neon colors under black lights. Maybe that's just shorty's.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:22 pm

I actually liked the Pirates at GK when they changed the lights in that. Those were/are LEDs, right? I remember there being extra blues or something, and I thought it fit well.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby revtest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:11 pm

I concur the blue added to that machine!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby GroundKontrol on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:53 pm

New addition: Creature From The Black Lagoon! The hologram works!(I disabled the "hand" motor, but the mirror moves back & forth). I'll be setting it up today, between World Cup Soccer and Guns N' Roses. These are my personal pins, and I plan to start rotating them with the ones I own at Ground Kontrol (Bride of Pinbot, Cirqus Voltaire) in the not-too-distant future.
GroundKontrol

Return to The Machines