Oaks Park Roller Skating Rink. Not just for kids anymore.

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Oaks Park Roller Skating Rink. Not just for kids anymore.

Postby scoop on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:20 am

OMG! There's a Lord of the Rings and also an Adams Family in the arcade area of the Oaks Park Skating Rink. What's more awesome? Playing pinball while wearing roller skates? Or paying only 25 cents a game? Both machines are in good working order, and I had one of my personal best LOTR games ever! I think it would be super fun to get a bunch of us down there skating sometime. Maybe someone could have their next birthday party there... Hey, what a great place to go and hang with your kids/nieces/nephews/underage friends while having fun and even getting a workout!
scoop

Re: Oaks Park Roller Skating Rink. Not just for kids anymore.

Postby sauce on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:28 pm

On thursday nights they have live Organ music too, its pretty awesome.
sauce

Postby bounceback on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:54 am

thursdays and sundays from what i hear. i have to admit that while roller skates are fun, rollerblades feel even more fun. i might have to get them out next time i go down there.
bounceback

Postby Qdub on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:48 am

Have y'all seen the Circus Voltaire at Oaks Park? I cruised by last weekend and didn't play but, has anyone played it and does anyone know who operates it?
Qdub

Postby sauce on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:53 am

WHAT!? Ok, thursday night is live organ night. I will be there tomorrow night if anyone wants to join. Thanks for the heads up.
sauce

Postby west on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:44 pm

Yeah I actually think I may have to go up there also... I wanna pop my Voltaire cherry.
"Rock 'n' Roll is the only religion that'll never let you down."

west - WBG
west

Postby Kickback on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:12 pm

I was there yesterday and they had jack-Bot and Circus Voltaire. They played decent but needed a good cleaning and some flipper lovin'. The flippers were weak, but still tolerable. They were beat up enough though that my wrists hurt pretty bad when i was done, but i still enjoyed them. The operator is the same as Mike's Drive-in. it's a guy and his sister that maintain them. one of the slingshots on CV was off, and she came right over and took care of it. She even talked to me for a bit and seemed open. 25 cent games are cool too
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby Legs on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:23 pm

I was there a week or two ago and Jack-Bot was randomly resetting whenever I got multiball or replay or pretty much anything cool. Also small children get attracted to the flashing lights and get all up on you, which is not fun at all. Playing in roller skates, however, is pretty badass.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby Kickback on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:25 pm

Very true on all accounts Zoe. i didn't have any reset issues. I put up 5.5 bill on it and it was the highest non-preset at 3rd. it lasted forever and was painful. Kids were all up on me, even hitting me up for money. The thing that was hardest to deal with was the smell of the place. When you first walk in, it smells like feet real bad. The farther in you go, you smell sweaty people skating. Worse was the diaper smell while playing pinball. baby butt is gross. I had fun there though.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby sauce on Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:04 pm

CV and Jackbot are out. Junkyard and Flinstones are in. Both very clean and playing pretty nice. No resets! 25 cents!
sauce

Postby HornedGramma on Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:01 am

I can only imagine that that is the Flintstones that used to be in Mike's Drive-In. And also the Junkyard that used to be in Mike's Drive-In.

If those machines are functional at all it is a miracle. If the people who own them know how to maintain them, then I wish they would do that when they're on location at Mike's. They have an Addam's Family in there right now that is in pitiful shape, just like those two were.
So much for a friendly topic...
HornedGramma

Return to The Machines