Beating on the machines, why do it?

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Re: Beating on the machines, why do it?

Postby sauce on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:04 pm

Exactly, kicking is horrible for machines. My favorite thing to do when pissed at a game is to slap the glass, it makes a really satisfying noise, and the odds of breaking the glass or damaging anything else are extremely slim. To be fair though, slapping a glass during a tourney can be really fucking annoying/jarring for other tourney players
sauce

Postby inthecan on Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:59 am

Beating on it after it drains is weak sauce, what happens before that is between the player and the ball.
I know this defies the law of gravity, but I never studied law! - Bugs Bunny
inthecan

Postby sauce on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:42 am

Yes, totally lame, doesnt mean I havent done it. What i try do now when I'm real pissed about a drain, is clap my hands together real hard, just helps get the energy out without hitting the machine.
sauce

Postby JeffK on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:31 pm

Has anyone ever experienced or seen someone break the glass out of frustration? As stated before, that would be pretty herculean. Doing that in a crowded bar would certainly be a lesson in humilty. Or perhaps an ego boost. Depends on who you talk to.
JeffK

Postby sauce on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:42 pm

I heard it happened at the gypsy once, but that is the only instance I have ever heard of.
sauce

Postby JeffK on Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:08 am

the gypsy. that makes perfect sense.
JeffK

Postby Qdub on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:19 am

I've seen the glass shatter once when it was leaning up against a poorly grounded machine. It just melted into the floor. Pretty impressive site to see really.
Qdub

Postby Chris on Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:42 pm

Being in the hobby for 30 years. I've seen it all. I have never ran a route so to speak. I don't do this for money, However, it pays for some of the maintenence on the games. Up at Billiards Plus, If anyone beats up on the games. The owner will come over and kick you out on the spot. They have no tolerance on people the Hits or bangs on the machines. Any of them. If my games get vandalized, If off to jail they go. Then they stay in jail till they pay for damages. There is always someone watching the games at all times. Chris
Chris

Previous

Return to The Machines