[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - "The Location" vintage arcade 245 Blair Eugene Or.

"The Location" vintage arcade 245 Blair Eugene Or.

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

"The Location" vintage arcade 245 Blair Eugene Or.

Postby vintagearcade on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:36 pm

whirlwind
grand lizard
space mission
strikes and spares
star trek
laser war
baby pac-man
vintagearcade

Re: "The Location" vintage arcade 245 Blair Eugene Or.

Postby Opto on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:28 pm

Bally Star Trek, Data East 25th, or Next Gen?
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby vintagearcade on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:49 pm

next gen
vintagearcade

Postby inthecan on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:59 am

So is this Dylan Duplant's deal? It sounds cool, got a website, blog or contact info for hours of operation? Definitely want to check it out next time I headed that way!
I know this defies the law of gravity, but I never studied law! - Bugs Bunny
inthecan

Postby Opto on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:33 am

"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby dylan on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:57 pm

Well its a combined effort, theyre mostly all my pins, but chad is the owner of the building, he gives us the space to do this thang, and theres gavin who spends countless hours chainsmoking and doing tech work for us.
Theres also a few locals who come in and donate time, work and games to us.
dylan

Postby inthecan on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:12 am

:D Awesome, right on. Portland needs a few of these.
inthecan

Postby vintagearcade on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:29 pm

Lots of help from others..

garth, dylan, gavin, scott, hayden, it has been such a fabulous community effort, Whitflip was an amazing success, 24 competitors, Ninkasi prizes, I think our winner strutted out with 60 bucks.. Not bad for a little eugene event...

Thanks to everyone and our sponsors.. Oh, cant forget my sister, cranking out 30 custom "the location" shirts!
vintagearcade

Postby GAK on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:52 pm

lookin around and found this old post and thought I could update our pin list!!!!!!

Star TreckNG, Whirlwind, Flash, Flash Gordon, Mars God Of War, Grand Lizard, Big Guns, Card Whiz, Capt Fantastic, Space Mission, Eight Ball, Strikes and Spares, Pool Sharks, Devil Riders, Elvira Party monsters.

may have up another 10 or so soon.
GAK

Postby inthecan on Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:08 am

Dang, you guys are making excellent progress! I am hoping to make it down there for a visit in the next few weeks, looking forward to it.
inthecan

Postby inthecan on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:36 am

I recently made it out to "The Location" in Eugene, Oregon and I had an awesome time! The guys running it are super nice and their love for pinball and video games is self evident, seriously good vibes :D They hold Eugene Pinball league play every Friday night and I met a few of the folks that come out for it and people are obviously super stoked on having a very cool place to play. Highly recommended.

Some daytime shots of the tables

The current pinball line up is:

Captain Fantastic 1975 Bally (Damn near mint condition!)
Mars God Of War 1981 Gottlieb (Audio issues are intermittent but otherwise in great shape)
Flash Gordon 1980 Bally (Good player)
Strikes and Spares 1977 Bally (Good player)
Eight Ball 1978 Bally (Good player, could use some minor adjustments)
Flash 1979 Williams (Great player and in overall nice shape, spinner is as they say, "dialed")
Devil Riders 1984 Zaccaria (This game is in totally fucking awesome condition and is super fun! + Superb audio for 1984)
Grand Lizard 1985 Williams (Didn't play it but looks to be in nice shape)
Whirlwind 1990 Williams (Great shape, plays super nice)
Space Mission 1976 Williams (Nice)
Card Whiz 1976 Gottlieb (This table was down when I was there, looks nice though)
Banzai Run 1988 Williams (Awesome condition, plays nice)
World Cup Soccer 94' 1994 Williams (One of the nicest WCS I have played, this one used to be mine!)

They also have about 20 videogames and are currently in the process of becoming a legit,"Barcade" best of all is that they are most conveniently located right behind Ninkasi Brewing in Eugene.
inthecan

Postby dylan on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:35 am

Thanks for dropping by karl! It was awesome having you down for the day, sorry I had to leave early (construction errands) and thanks for being CFF's roving reporter, doing some awesome reviews! And of course since two of the games in there came from karl, you get unlimited free plays on all our games whenever you're down here, send me a message next time you're heading down and we'll make a day of it!
dylan

Postby inthecan on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:34 am

Word! Forgot about the Baby Pac amongst the videogames, didn't get to play it.

-KHL
inthecan

Return to The Machines