[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - My field trip to Dorky's Barcade in Tacoma, WA.

My field trip to Dorky's Barcade in Tacoma, WA.

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

My field trip to Dorky's Barcade in Tacoma, WA.

Postby inthecan on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:14 am

I stopped by this place yesterday on my way to Seattle, really nice classic arcade with about 30 old school videogames and 10 pins. Cool atmosphere, really reminded me of some of the arcades of my youth, more so than Ground Kontrol in some respects as they had some really obscure videogames; rememeber Xybots or Wacko anyone?

Tables on hand while I was there included: Dirty Harry, No Fear, Eldorado City of Gold (Gottlieb SS 1984, only 950 made!), Tee'd Off, Evil Knievil, Pirates of the Carribean, Cyclone and a few others I can't recall (spent 1.5 hours on Dirty Harry for 2.00 and had to give away several free games, put up a few high scores on it but alas no GC!)
Machines are in very nice condition from what I saw, most are .50 ea or 5 games for 2.00. I think Evil and Eldorado were both .25, I played a few games of Eldorado and that is one hell of a drop target oriented challenge!

I chatted briefly with the owner, Les. He was super psyched that I had traveled from Portland to check the place out, guess they aren't getting tons of out of towners yet. Very nice guy who told me that he, "takes his shit seriously" in regards to having top notch games and tables, from what I saw it looked like nothing but love going on at this place. Hope they do well, he was totally open to having tournaments so anyone interested in setting some stuff up should hit Dorky's at their FB page, they are good peeps.

http://www.facebook.com/dorkys253
I know this defies the law of gravity, but I never studied law! - Bugs Bunny
inthecan

Re: My field trip to Dorky's Barcade in Tacoma, WA.

Postby ROM on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:43 pm

That El Dorado playfield was used for a bunch of different titles. You can play it at Slabtown under the name Solar City. And Noah has it as Target Alpha.

Canada Dry is the best of the bunch!

Vibe Police
ROM

Return to The Machines