[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Slabtown

Slabtown

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Re: Slabtown

Postby ROM on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:01 pm

The monster bash needs to be leveled.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Jeri on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:36 pm

I fixed the wand on Pinball Magic that stopped working over the weekend and a few minor issues on other machines. FWIW

We're planning on bringing in a Dr Who and Swords of Fury soon.

-Jer
"You call it lowering standards, I call it a learning opportunity"
Jeri

Postby revtest on Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:15 pm

WORD TO THAT NOISE! HELL YA SOUNDS GREAT!!!!!!!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Opto on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:09 pm

Can't wait to challenge the beast man or whatever the hell he's called in swords of fury!!!!
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Jeri on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:01 pm

"Lion Man! Lion Man!" :lol:

I was just talking to Trish and we want to spice Slabtown up a little more. We were thinking about putting F-14 out too.
Jeri

Postby deathsave on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:52 pm

FUCKIN' LION MAN! LION MAN! ALSO, LION MAN!

i don't want to put too fine a point on it, but: LION MAN!
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby ROM on Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Sweet. I've played Swords of Fury a couple times, and love it. But I don't remember Lion Man. Maybe I was too "in the zone" aka 8-)

I don't really like F-14, though. Maybe it's just me, but the game seems a little overrated.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Soundcard on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:13 pm

Looking forward to F-14
I'm just rehabing my shoulder... and trying to get my fuck on.
Soundcard

Postby Jeri on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:31 pm

Swords of Fury - I'm not sure what they were thinking with using the lion man sample so much in the game, but it is a really cool machine with a lot of fun shots. The timed drop target on the upper playfield is really fun.

F-14 - Most I've played have major problems with the small arrow inserts in front of the flippers popping out. I've managed to get the playfield pretty flat. Hope it stays.

Demolition Man - Does anyone know why this doesn't get played much? Is there something wrong with it that I don't notice? I think the game is fun.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby videomode on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:41 pm

I think Demo Man is great. People are stupid
dennis
videomode

Postby deathsave on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:15 pm

either the sounds were off/inaudible in that environment, or ROM was deaf that day.

i see demo man (in general, not specifically yours) discourage a lot of people because the flippers aren't strong enough to hit all of the shots from a trap. this is how they all seem to play though, so if you get spoiled by one with stronger flippers you'll be in for a world of hurt if you draw it in a tourney.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby revtest on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:35 pm

Your demo play's great, people are just scared of all the ramps because they have no confidence in there shot making skills, they will learn!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Jeri on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:54 pm

Because this weeks combo is Whirlwind we've set it to 25 cents! Dr Dude and Party Zone are also 25 cents.

We also upgraded the flipper coils on Demolition Man, so it's easy to make the right ramp shot from cradled ball on the flipper and fixed a few minor issues with other machines.

The plan is to bring DR Who, Swords of Fury, F-14 and Police Force (maybe Judge Dredd if done in time) down this week.

Jeri and Trish
Jeri

Postby ROM on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:37 am

:D :D :D
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby revtest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:49 pm

Ya! thats what I'm talking about sweet!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Opto on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:50 am

"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby deathsave on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:47 pm

overrated? who said they like F-14?

it might be a good idea to put a cover over the lights on top for the tourney. i've played in a bank a few machines down from F-14 and been blinded before. also a good idea for HS2, etc.
deathsave

Postby Jeri on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:54 pm

Oh.. Darn. I should take the 1000 watt spinning strobe lamp upgrade in F14. :twisted:

-Jer
Jeri

Postby ROM on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:08 pm

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:32 am

On JP once the shot is made the ball save kicks in...nothing to fear little romulette....except for what I am about to put forth on your ass!
Dropshot

PreviousNext

Return to The Machines