[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Slabtown

Slabtown

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Re: Slabtown

Postby eric on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:08 am

I'm all for tighter tilts, but the machine should at least give you a danger or two before killing your ball.
eric

Postby ROM on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:05 pm

I agree - there should at least be dangers.

Sauce, what were your scores on Whirlwind?
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Opto on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:21 pm

I'll throw in my vote for at least 1 or 2 dangers w/ a sensitive tilt bob.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:29 pm

plunge and tilt!!!
Dropshot

Postby sauce on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:56 pm

sauce

Postby Opto on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:50 am

The Tilt on Pinball Magic has been liberalized.
Opto

Postby bounceback on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:13 pm

i like to be able to make one save, i also like to be able to forget about trying bangbacks and deathsaves pretty early. i got frustrated and tried to save on dracula at voodoo2 right in front of one of the riccochet ladies, who kindly asked me not to fuck up their machine (they were much more polite than that, my words). tight tilts are smart because you have to break those habits-- i only got into saving like that because so many machines around town have so many problems, it feels like you have to street fight the machine to keep the ball alive. i'm totally into tight games. i think the most you should be able to get away with is enough of a judicious palm that you can redirect a bouncing ball around the playfield. light touches, and you start to get a lot more subtlety and control.
bounceback

Postby Ricochet on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:38 pm

We put Party Zone and Demolition Man in tonight. We spent almost two full days shopping them out. I hope you guys enjoy them.

Thanks,
Trish
Ricochet

Postby Opto on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:06 am

I never wanna shop a Demolition Man again - once was enough. Can't wait to check them out tonight!
Opto

Postby Ricochet on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:51 pm

After a hard weekend of the Slabtown Showdown we fixed all the glitches caused by heavy use.
That was a fun weekend.

Trish and Jeri
Ricochet

Postby Kickback on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:06 am

Twilight Zone was down due to missing balls.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby Dropshot on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:24 pm

I am assuming Mike knows about the event since he has posted recently and also assuming that someone will be there giving everything a once over.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:26 pm

also I guess worse case scenario if one machine is down we only have 11 to play on then
Dropshot

Postby Kickback on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:15 pm

Not having a floaty, crapshoot like TZ is fine with me.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby Dropshot on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:45 pm

I like TZ, I also think that game needs to be a bit floaty, kinda like Addams I think should have a slight float to it.
Dropshot

Postby Kickback on Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:55 pm

Maybe a root beer float
Kickback

Postby ROM on Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:56 pm

Yeah, all TZs are a bit floaty. it seems. You just have to accept that, kickback. you too, everybody.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Soundcard on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:27 am

Since we are having such a money hungry tourney it should be noted the he right orbit returns to the top of the right slingshot and is very annoying.
I'm just rehabing my shoulder... and trying to get my fuck on.
Soundcard

Postby Dropshot on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:36 am

On which machine? Also I would like to point out that any event whether you play pinball or do anything costs money. I know people have talked about getting the bigger names out here, well this is how you do it. They travel where the money is. The only way they are going to come out here is if they can a) see their friends (other highly ranked players) b) have a solid format for a tourney c) win their plane ticket money back. We have successfully brought down cayle a few times eden todd, mahaffey came out to play. If we can keep that up they will all start coming. Hopefully Keith can make it in November. He will be impressed, I know it, and then be back for future events and bring everyone else with him. I bet we can get Trent, the Sharpes, Neil everyone else on the west coast up here within 2 years. And if not, well then I give up.
Dropshot

Postby Soundcard on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:44 am

Monster Bash. And wow, sensitive, rachet it back a notch, I'm just trying to be helpful.
I'm just rehabing my shoulder... and trying to get my fuck on.
Soundcard

PreviousNext

Return to The Machines